Mapping is an essential part of Purchase/Purchase Return. It helps you to Map and configure data according to your need.
Mapping is just a one-time process for each newly uploaded format. Once you map data for a specific excel format, SUVIT will save it for all future references.
Once excel upload is done, then next step is to map required fields. Click here to check how to upload excel file in SUVIT. Below is the Mapping screen where you can Map your uploaded Purchase/Purchase Return data in an excel sheet.
- Is the Imported file header from your excel sheet?
- This Is where you have to assign Tally Fields.
example:- invoice number/ bill number to mapped as Reference no
:- billing date/invoice date should be mapped as Date
- This will show you the top 3 values of your sheet data. It will help to assign a proper Tally field.
Note:- Just so you know, if you can't see any data from your sheet, please check the format of your data in the sheet and correct it.
: SGST, CGST & IGST can not be mapped in Tally Fields as they are Tax Ledgers which can be mapped at 8, 9 & 10, respectively, as per the image.
- Tax Ledger Mapping
1. Do you want to use Tally Tax Ledgers?
:- This allows you to access Tax Ledgers from tally
2. Would you like to import Tax Ledgers from an excel sheet?
:- This will allow you to map the Tax Ledger from the sheet. For this, you must create a Tax ledger column for all three Tax ledgers.
3. Enable this to calculate Tax automatically by ledger/item. If it's not ticking, the tax amount will be as per the excel sheet.
:- This feature calculates SGST, CGST & IGST automatically; one can disable this function to upload calculations from the excel sheet
Note: All Tax Ledgers that are SGST, CGST & IGST should be mapped & these are fields that mandatory
- Here Tax ledgers(SGST, CGST & IGS) should be mapped by searching from the drop-down menu.
- Other Ledger Mapping
Here you can add Round Off, discount, freight amount, etc., charges by selecting the proper file header and ledger.
- Save Mapping will help you to save the particular format with SUVIT. Then, if you upload the same format again, SUVIT will pre-map those fields.
- Save & Proceed will take you to the process screen.
In item invoice mapping Item can be map separately, where you can map either quantity & rate or quantity & amount.
You may required other fields for mapping according to your method of accounting. Which can be enabled
9. It will open new configuration pop-up screen where you can enable extra feature.
For example if you want to map State of Consignee for this you can enable it under Party Details and then click on save.
How to push Purchase/Purchase Return your data to tally; for steps, click here.